Thursday 9 August 2012

Caker Cooking Contest!

Contest is now closed. 
Winners will be notified shortly. Thanks to everyone who entered!

By now, some of you might know that I write novels. My second book, Natural Order, just came out in paperback and to celebrate, I'm giving away copies to say thanks for making Caker Cooking the worldwide phenomenon it is today.

Five winners will receive a book, along with a handwritten index card (good luck reading my chicken scratch) featuring a caker recipe that has yet to appear on this blog. That's right, folks. You're getting an exclusive caker recipe personally selected from my vast library of coil-bound cookbooks. I'll also personalize the book.

Hope you enjoy the book – and the recipe.




7 comments:

  1. Omigod Omigod Omigod Omigod

    Oh. My. GAWD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, your excitement is palpable. If you win, I'll make sure your recipe includes the words "Low Cal" in the title. Mind you, that term is used VERY loosely in caker cuisine.

      Delete
  2. oooo, if win I will donate it to my college library! in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fifilaru, if you do win, I'll make sure your recipe contains canned pineapple to honour the people of Hawaii.

      Delete
    2. The college is near a now closed pineapple factory. When it was in operation the whole town smelled like pineapple upside-down cake. It was nice.

      Delete
  3. Hello. My name is Diana Schwartz, that is spelled D-I-A-N-A S-C-H-W-A-R-T-Z and happy new year to you. I was wondering if you could allow me to enter the contest this way, as I don't have an email address to send to your special address. I can mail you a copy of my driver's license and a copy of my signature along with my return address to send the prize. Thank you for your time and your website is fantastic, my son was always interested in old cars and car repairs (until he died in a terrible accident).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, my condolences about your son. You certainly have a way with words. In a single sentence, you managed to thank me, compliment my website, inform me of your son's interests and his untimely death.
      This may seem a little awkward, but your name sounds awfully familiar. By any chance, did we make...Cream of Mushroom soup together in the late 90s?

      Delete