Friday 7 September 2012

Caker Cooking Contest Winners!

A couple weeks back, I posted my first-ever Caker Cooking contest. Readers were eligible to win a copy of my recently-released paperback, Natural Order, and a handwritten caker recipe that has yet to appear on this blog!  Bob Barker has nothing on me. 

Five winners were selected at random. I’ve posted their names, along with the recipe they’re getting and where it came from. Suffice to say, five people are pinching themselves right now.

Thanks to everyone who entered – and happy cakering.

Brian



Winner 1: Mary P.
Recipe: Cherries in the Snow
From: With Hearts that Care and Hands that Serve, Outlook and District Volunteer Services

There's something kinda dirty about the name of this dish, but I won't dwell on it.






Winner 2: Luisa C.
Recipe: Creme de Menthe Balls
From: From Our Kitchens....With Love, Glen Ayr United Church Women

There's something kinda...well, I won't dwell on it.








Winner 3: Jen W. 
Recipe: Luscious Rum Gateau
From: Guess What's Coming for Dinner, 1977, Mothers and Others

Truthfully, I'd rather not know "what's" coming for dinner.








Winner 4: Tanis M.
Recipe: Chuck Wagon Casserole
From: Simple 'n' Special, St. Paul's United Church

"Simple 'n' special" pretty much sums up my life philosophy.








Winner 4: Mimi
Recipe: Pink Thing 
From: London Newcomers' Cook Book

I can't remember the last time someone served me Pink Thing, it's been that long.

1 comment: